I designed and built a bedside table

I designed and built a bedside table

Finished product
Build

cut corners off at table saw to save some time when turning
turned each post into a cylinder w/ 3.5" diameter, checking with calipers to make sure they're consistent
marked the location of each segment to be removed as well as the center point of each flute
cut away the waste by clamping the posts to my crosscut sled and using the pencil marks as a reference
lined up each centermark on the post with the center of a cove bit. Added a clamp to prevent the post from spinning freely while sliding along the fence
there's probably an easier way to do this, but this worked
first time trying out the domino, used to it make the front face frace
using a raised panel / rail and stile bit set to make the side pieces
the stiles are a little wider because they will be glued to the front/back legs
overview of how everything will fit together
glued / screwed the sides to the legs
glued the front face frame next
this is the base being glued together. I left a 1/4" gap in the center to give the wood somewhere to expand/contract
I used a compass, square, and a can to draw the shape of both the top and the bottom
rough cutting the shape at the bandsaw, later went right up to the line using the spindle sander
used a bearing guided moulding bit to create the profile in the base
turned the feet on the lathe using reference marks on either side to get a consistent look
glued / screwed the feet to the base
I used a drill press to drill 5/16 holes in each post, inserted a dowel center, lined up the post to the base so that I had an even reveal all the way around, pressed down to leave a small point, drilled and doweled
clamped the mahogany crotch veneer pieces in between some 3/4 mdf platens and used urea formaldehyde to glue the veneer
drawer fronts / sides laid out
I used a drill press to remove most of the waste from the dovetails
cut a 1/4 channel to accept the drawer bottom
made a scoring pass with a circular saw blade so as not to get tear out on the veneer
cut the remaining waste with a dado stack
The beading was made with a 1/4 beading bit and mitered by hand with this jig and a plane blade
fine tuning the drawer fit
these little clips are made to fit in a 5mm domino mortise and attach the frame to the top with a screw to allow expansion/contraction
ready for finish
5 coats of gloss lacquer later
Source : NaCl_H2O from Reddit