Re-did my patio/backyard with pavers over the summer.

Re-did my patio/backyard with pavers over the summer.

Obligatory Finished Picture First
Closest before photo I could find of the project. The ground did not any different from what you see here. No grass ever wanted to grow here as it was to wet
Different angel. Added the weeping tile (the circular thing) for drainage as it always got very damp. Funneled all the water out the gate to a little rock bed I dug. No photo of that sorry.
Here is all the dirt that I dug out from the patio. I dug down 4 inch’s at the sides and about 5-6 inch’s in the center to allow for drainage.
Another angle, posted this online after the project was done and it disappeared in about 2 hours.
Photo of all the materials. Pavers, bags of gravel, bags of sand, and the handiest tool was the level.
After the dirt was cleared I put down fabric filter and threw in the gravel. You can see the drainage to the left.
Another angle of how the ground slopes down toward the gate. At this point I also decided to remove the small tree to the left to make my life easier, you can tell I used the axe on the floor. I also wanted it gone as a whole colony of mosquitoes loved that tree during the summer months. I also decided on what the patter was going to be for the pavers at this point. You can see the pen and paper in my hand.
Found some bags in my basement and decided to rob a bank to pay for the project. Actually they are filled with sand that I found someone was giving away online. Did about 3 trips of this.
Here you can see the sand is down and the paver pattern is taking shape. I also added fabric filter between the gravel and the sand.
It takes shape
This tool came in so handy when it comes to cutting the pavers. Found spraying a constant stream of water on the cut line makes the cut go like butter.
Another angel. I used the full squares as spacers and then just cut them in half after.
Finishing up. You can see the tree is gone.
Another angle and the tree is gone. Left with a lot of extra pavers at this point.
Looking good. No obligatory cat shot apologies, but I have provided a cat litter box as compensation.
Another angle, you can see all the paint is chipping on the white wall, i will get to that later.
I was going to use the extra sand to fill the joints but decided against that at it would blow or wash away to easily. Went to the hardware store and picked up a few bags of paver joint sand that hardens and seals out weeds.
Another angle
I got rid of the old stone edging at this point as I hatted how it looked with the new pavers.
Decided to beef things up, found these online for free, score!
Another angle. Pulled out all the plants to make it easier to work. Transplanted them to temporary pots.
Decided to paint the wall as it was peeling and chipping. Used a paint recommended for concrete.
Finished shot
Another angle. Done just waiting on a few retaining wall caps.
Source : NarrativeBear from Reddit