Shed V.2.0

Shed V.2.0

Shed V.2.0

Finished pic first yo. Me and my dad built a little koi pond beside the shed last summer. This summer we tackled the shed itself.
The shed was structurally sound just hideous. I got to work removing the old stucco which was WAY more time consuming and messy then I thought it would be. I used an angle grinder with a masonry cutting disc to cut grooves into the stucco and the wire mesh behind. Then I used my hammer and pry bar to smash away the stucco and cut away the remaining wire mesh with my tin snips. It took a couple days and my hands were pretty beat up after.
Took some rough measurements to order my siding from. I always account for a little waste and over order. Better to have a little extra then not enough.
Picked up some basic housewrap and deck screws for the siding
Smashy smash
Finally got most of the stucco gone. At this point we decided to add a pergola over the little sitting area by the pond.
I needed a straight edge to faster my header to for the pergola. So I cut back the plywood overhanging the eave with my dewalt circular saw. 18v for life!
Picked up some cedar tone 2×4 to build the pergola. I wanted to use 2×6 across the top but considering everything is small scale with it being on a shed, I decided I didn't want it to look bulky.
Little brother helping me stand up the pergola posts. Put some braces on and leveled that sucker out!
Started framing up the pergola. Cut the 2×4 to size and notched them out where they would sit on the header/beams. Sadly I only had my circular saw/hand saw/hammer/prybar to make these notches. So they are not the most accurate, but we made it work
This part went fairly quickly
Decided to add a railing on the far side. Ripped some 2×4 in half on the table saw for the posts
Donezo. I made some backing pieces that anchor the railing in place from the inside. She's solid!
Half time cleanup. Took a couple truck loads to the waste yard. Good old chev like a rock
Found an old window at a buddies place in the country. Decided why not! Natural lighting rules! Test fitting the frame
Moved a stud over for my window framing.
Found my measurements for the window and snapped some cut lines with my chalk line. The concrete worker in my just can't leave the house without this thing.
Cut that sucker out using the trusty dewalt again!
It's out!
And it's in!
Cleaned up the glass and popped it back in. Not bad for zero dollars.
Took a picture of the siding on the house so I had something to compare to in store when I ordered. This has been stained 3 or 4 times already so I knew the color would be hard to match
Siding came and it was time to stain. Found the color code for the old stain and ordered the same stuff. Just a simple brush on stain. I did a single coat on the backs to seal them and two coats with time to try between on the front. This gave them a much richer and darker tone, more like what was on the house.
Da stain. Ruined my favorite jeans.
More staining. Not pictured: a lot more siding.
Staples up the aforementioned house wrap and started siding. It went on pretty easy once I got going!
More siding
Bada boom. Still using my circular saw for 90% of the time here. Tacking the siding in place with a screw on each end. We came back later and added more screws.
Hand cut these 45's into every piece too. I wanted to use the table saw but my dad had already put it away and didn't wanna dig it out again. He insisted I use…the circular saw!
We had some leftover siding and decided to make a box to cover the waterfall water filter for the pond. The lid easily comes off for cleaning and the whole box can be removed for winter cleanup.
That's all for now!
Source : mysacrificee from Reddit