Today I made a custom tool belt!

Today I made a custom tool belt!

Finished photo first! As you can tell I am an awful photographer.
Side pouch – split into 3
Got some Battle bots on to set the mood!
So this is £6/$8 worth of leather look vinyl. I got about 1.5m for that and I ended up with some left over. I measured the first pouch which is about 20x20cm. Made sure to leave room for a seam allowance and the top bit is to go round the belt.

I brought a cheap belt for the pouches to go on because they are removable and easy to move a to nicer belt!

Awful photography. So I cut out my square from above and sewed along the lines. Then I folded down the top part to make a nice hem line for the front of the pouch. The extra bit you see is to go round the actual belt.
See that neat(ish) line that's what I was on about. This is now looking more finished and I've just turned it the right way round. However this is when I realised I hadn't left enough fabric to go round the belt..
So I cut a bit extra and added it on. Then just sewed the end just above the pouch opening. (Remember if possible always so right sides together!)
Could resist trialling a photo – was pretty happy with it so far.
Just a quick photo – did some very amateur back stick embroidery. This is for a friend so just put the first letter of their name on it 🙂
Same thing as above but bigger! This one is about 45cm but same process. Sewed along my nice lines and turned it the right way round.
Went to sew the section for the belt and got distracted – this was the result…oops
Much unpicking to be done. Sadly if you unpick vinyl the holes left are obvious so I ended up having to add extra again. This actually worked out well because at least they matched!
Then just sewed a straight(ish) line to split the pocket into 3 for tool storage. I have material left so I may expand these in future depending on how it goes functionally!
Source : thunderousthighz from Reddit